Keep in mind that some of the instructions can be altered for your specific bucket painting needs.
- Using a degreaser wash your bucket well. Since you are using a galavanized bucket steel wool is good fore cleaning this ultra-durable surface.
- Rinse your bucket off, be sure to remove all the soap so that your paint is able to stick to your bucket well.
- Allow the bucket to dry for at least an hour.
- Take your bucket to the area that you are going to be painting it (be sure area is well ventilated and that you have a drop cloth to protect surface of floor/furniture that you do not want to accidentally get paint on).
- Prime your bucket. Etching spray primer is recommended. Allow your bucket to dry for 3 hours.
- Now you can paint your bucket, enamel paint is recommended as it is more durable. Use stencils or free hand if you want designs or letters on your bucket.
- Optional: Use a clear coat spray paint to help set your design.